How do make space for the joy in your career? Early on it feels like you must say yes to anything and everything but as Dr. Emily Bernhardt explains in this interview it quickly shifts to having to make space. This is space for those things that will both define your career and bring you joy. One strategy she shares is putting both financial and time price tags on projects to determine if you want to invest. She also provides encouragement all PhDs (or almost PhDs) out there who want to blend life and career into a joyous mix.
- Take Your Research Conference Travel and Planning Off of Autopilot – Episode 20
- Introducing Helium Podcast – Elevating Research Leadership
- Practical Advice for Mentors from the Graduate Student Perspective
- How to Find Enjoyable and Generous Relationships with Senior Faculty when You are Just Starting Out – Episode 18
- Nurturing Industry Relationships for Research Sponsorship, Collaboration and Student Mentoring – Episode 19