Dr. Richard Huysmans joined the show to discuss how to develop and nurture relationships with industry. These relationships will lead to more well-rounded mentoring for your students, more research collaboration opportunities and possible sponsorship of you work. How do you start? Ask your senior mentors to introduce you to their industry collaborators. Develop a LinkedIn profile where you talk about what you are passionate about in your research life. Avoid jargon on social media platforms if your intent is to connect with members of industry. Project the type of collaborator that you want to work with onto those platforms.
Request a Transcript
- An Inside Perspective on Collaboration and Funding with Government Agencies – Episode 23
- Unlocking Undergraduate Research Power – Episode 21
- How to Find Enjoyable and Generous Relationships with Senior Faculty when You are Just Starting Out – Episode 18
- Future of Research: Peer Review Integrity and Mentoring Early Career Researchers – Episode 9
- How to Create High Quality Human Interaction in Your Research Group – Episode 24