Dr. Beth Calhoun joined the show to discuss when and how to navigate out of bad relationships with senior faculty. How to avoid the confidence traps she sees young faculty fall into. How to be flexible and not set in stone what your biosketch will look like in the future. How team science helped her early in her career and still helps her to this day. She also shares the advice she would have for her early career-self.
Request a Transcript
- Towards Professional Joy Learning to Plan For and Seize Opportunities You Will Love – Episode 25
- Future of Research: Peer Review Integrity and Mentoring Early Career Researchers – Episode 9
- Incentives and Measures of Academic Success – the History and Future of the University – Episode 12
- Career Success Through Focusing on Fundamentals and Perceptive Pivots – Episode 16
- How More Voices Strengthen Scholarship: Perspectives From a First Generation Academic – Episode 27