How do you have to step up your ability to be outgoing in certain situations when you are working in academia? You might not expect a person in the National Academies for Engineering and Science to say that self-doubt still resonates at times. But Professor Bruce Rittmann can still get in touch with that feeling and identifies himself as shy. Dr. Rittmann shared his processes for practicing the outgoing role when he identifies as an introverted person. We also discussed his approach to funding, including some creative approaches he has taken to “kissing the frog.” It was a privilege to have Dr. Rittmann on the show and we can all benefit from his seasoned approach to 45+ years in academia.
Support the Show
- A Leap into Professorship Part 1 – Professor Courtney Gardner
- Dr. Nina Vance: Big Wins and Lessons Learned – Episode 8
- Introducing Helium Podcast – Elevating Research Leadership
- Thrive in a Noisy World: Communicating the Value and Impact of Your Research – Shannon Guild
- Creating a Vision for You and Your Research Group